Christ the King School
“We are focussed on maintaining a contemporary approach to learning and pride ourselves on the fact that every individual child is known by name and need.”
Parent Information Booklet
View the CTK Parent Information Booklet.
Sacramental Dates 2019
Attendance at the Commitment Mass is compulsory for all sacramental candidates. Please contact Father Liam Keating via the church office if you need to make alternative arrangements.
Bells & Timetable
Doors Open – 8.40am
Start of school – 8.50am
Crunch and Sip – 10.30am
Recess – 10.35am
End of Recess – 10.50am
Lunch – 12.30pm
End of Lunch – 1.10pm
End of School – 3.00pm
Kindy Start Time 9.00am
Kindy Finish Time 2.45pm
As per Government Policy and Standards, the menu has been changed to the Green and Amber Standards for healthy Foods and Drink Choices.
View the latest Canteen Menu.
View the Canteen Volunteer Slip.
Cyber Safety and Security Guide For You and Your Family
ThinkUKnow Australia is a partnership between the Australian Federal Police (AFP), Microsoft Australia, Datacom and the Commonwealth Bank which aims to raise awareness among parents, carers and teachers of how young people are using technology, the challenges they may face and how to help them navigate these challenges in a safe and ethical way.
All children are expected to wear the correct school uniform at all times. No exceptions are made to this unless the parents have discussed the matter with the teacher or principal. Correct school sports uniform is also to be worn. Shoulder length hair must be tied back at all times.
School Uniform Shop
The school Uniform Shop has been established to make purchasing of uniforms cheaper for parents. A manager is employed to run the shop and it is open on Tuesday morning from 8.30am to 9.30am and Thursday afternoons from 2.30pm to 3.30pm.
Physical Education Days
A specialist Physical Education teacher is employed for three days per week (Tuesday, Thursday and Friday) and conducts classes from pre-primary to year six. Children are expected to wear their PE uniform on their PE day (House T:Shirt). All items are available through the school uniform shop, other than shoes. A “no hat, no play” policy is implemented all year round. Parents are asked to see that all articles of clothing likely to be taken off at school are clearly marked with child’s name in full, no initials please.
Parents are asked to talk directly to their child’s teacher if there are any questions regarding their child’s education. Appointments are necessary as teachers are on duty with the children from 8.25am – 3.15pm each day. Each teacher has their own voicemail number and email address which teachers will give to parents at the Parent Teacher Meeting at the beginning of the year. For all general enquiries, please contact the school office.
Written communication to classroom teacher or the office should be sealed in an envelope and addressed to the person concerned. This includes money and permission for excursions/incursions.
An electronic school Newsletter is issued fortnightly on a Thursday by the school Principal. It is the major means of communication to parents. Only urgent notices will be issued at other times. The newsletter is published every second Thursday and is emailed through to parents, please ensure that the school office has accurate information re: email contact. The school newsletter is also placed on the School’s web site, www.ctk.wa.edu.au The Newsletter will contain information from other members of the school community. It will be used by the School Board, the Parents’ and Friends’ Association, the Uniform Shop and the Canteen to communicate with parents. Please ensure you read Newsletters carefully. Good communication between home and school is important.
In keeping with the caring atmosphere encouraged by the school, parents are asked: · To always notify the class teacher of any change from the normal routine, e.g. calling for students at lunchtime or during class time.
- To notify school office of change of address or telephone number.
- To notify the school if child/ren are to be collected by someone other than parents or those officially known to the school.
- If a child is to be taken from school for any reason – e.g., Doctor, Dentist appointment, etc., the parent/guardian must enter details in the “Early Departures” book at the office before going to the classroom. The office staff will then sign the completed slip for parent/guardian to present to the classroom teacher when collecting their child.
Parent Teacher Contact/Student Reports
(1) Minor concerns regarding classroom practices, children’s progress or behaviour should be directed first to the classroom teacher before approaching the Assistant Principal.
(2) Parents are encouraged to maintain contact with teachers as ongoing Teacher/Parent communication is important for the benefit of the students.
(3) At the end of the second term, reports are issued. An opportunity for a “report interview” with parents is offered. An end of year formal report is sent home in the last week of the school year.
(4) Parent / Teacher interviews are conducted at the end of term one to ensure parents are made aware of student progress.
(5) Student workbooks (Year 1 – 6) are sent home at the end of terms one, two and three. Information regarding this is located in the student diary. Learning Diaries (Kindy), Work Sample Folders (Pre-Primary) and Evidence Folders (Year 1-6) are also sent home.
Student Absences / Early Departures
Whenever a student is absent a written explanation from the parent must be presented to the teacher on the day of return to school. Please ensure that if your child is going to be absent from school that you call the absentee line (9338 8759) and leave a message stating your child’s name and year level. If the school is not informed of a child being absent an SMS will be sent to the parents. If a child is late to school (after 8.50am), parents must complete the Passtab electronic sign in at the Office and collect a ‘red’ card from the school reception to hand to the teacher. No child may leave the school grounds during school hours without a parent completing the Passtab electronic sign out and collecting a yellow card from School Reception to be handed to the classroom teacher.
Website Design & Maintenance
by Chameleon Logic
© Christ the King School 2017